Richmond Assault & Battery Lawyers
Aggressive, straightforward defense from Throop Law
Violent crimes are harshly prosecuted in Virginia, but the charges are more nuanced than they may initially seem. To be charged with assault, for example, one only needs to threaten to hurt someone and no injury needs to occur. Battery, on the other hand, includes an intentional infliction of bodily harm upon another.
At Throop Law, we provide unparalleled legal service to those facing criminal charges, including assault and battery. From the moment you put us on your side, you can trust that we will perform a thorough investigation into your criminal case and fight the evidence that is presented against you.
These crimes require a serious defense strategy from a skilled Richmond criminal defense attorney. Call Throop Law at (804) 215-1515 to discuss your case.
Potential penalties for a conviction
- If you are convicted, the potential penalties will depend on a number of factors:
- Most simple assault and battery convictions are considered Class 1 misdemeanors, carrying penalties of up to one year in jail and fines of up to $2,500.
- Some assaults can be considered felonies based on a number of factors, such as who the victim is, if a weapon was used, and other circumstances of the offense.
- There is a mandatory minimum sentence for intentional assault and battery against another based on their race, religion, skin color, or nationality.
- All types of assault are considered serious crimes, and an assault conviction on your record can negatively impact many areas of your life, especially your ability to find employment.
Call (804) 215-1515 for a free consultation
The Richmond assault and battery defense attorneys at Throop Law have experience defending clients charged with these types of crimes. Should you choose to hire the legal services offered at our firm, you can trust that we will provide the personalized attention and representation you need. Hiring the right attorney can mean the difference between walking away with a clean slate and facing possible jail time. If you've been charged with assault in Norfolk or Richmond, VA, it's important to put a lawyer by your side as soon as possible.
If you’ve been arrested for assault or battery, the time to call an attorney is now. Contact our firm today to schedule your free, confidential case consultation.
The only one to give me lights of hope.- Angel K.
Took my case with care and consideration.- Mitchell M.
They did a outstanding job handling my case so I would have the best possible outcome.- Franchot G.
Handled my case with care.- Dawn K.
They made this a painless and seamless experience for me.- Angela S.