Matthew is an attorney, and president and founder of Throop Law. Historically, his practice areas were focused in criminal and traffic defense, and family law. These days, however, Matthew focuses most of his attention on bankruptcy cases and growing the firm.
He grew up in the Portland, Oregon area, and after graduating from law school in Washington, D.C., relocated to Richmond, VA. to serve the legal community. Though his first careers were in business, Matthew loves the practice of law, and obtaining his law license in 2014 was the fulfillment of one of his lifelong dreams.
In 2014, he opened a solo law practice, which has expanded to a firm of five Richmond attorneys and two assistants.
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Court of Appeals of Virginia
- All Virginia Circuit Courts
- All Virginia General District and Juvenile & Domestic Relations Courts
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia